Information for Project Managers
Migrating from CodePlex
If you currently have a VFPX project on CodePlex, we have detailed instructions to migrate it to GitHub.
You can add VFPX logos to your source code, project Wiki page, your web site, etc.
Note: this rest of this page is out-dated and has to be updated for GitHub
This is a work in progress so feel free to add your own notes or comments that you believe will helpful to other project managers on VFPX
- Update the Wiki page for your project: Important information to include would be
- Your name and contact information
- A brief description of your project
- Instructions on how to join the project
- Use 2 different projects: One for distribution and one for source control. If you distribute your source control project, any one who downloads your project for evaluation will get a prompt to log in to source control.
- Prefix your checkins with the project name: Every checkin is listed under the Source Code tab. It is very helpful to show the project that the checkin applies to.
- Prefix your work items with the project name: Even though you can filter work items by project. It is nice to see, at a glance, what project the work item belongs to.
- Prefix your discussion threads with the project name: This allows discussions to be easily identified by project.